Monday, November 29, 2010

speaking up about your needs

Good Evening Ma Petities,

Tonight I need to talk to you all about something that I am guilty of and need to caution you all about.  My wonderful man and I are going through a rough time and it is because I haven't spoken up about my needs. He has been missing me and I have been missing him.  This rough patch could have been avoided had I spoken up about my need for more time and more physical attention.

Everyone has needs with in a relationship that need to be met. However, we ladies have a bad habit of expecting our partners to read our minds or putting our needs on the back burner hoping that things will magically get better.  Well babies relationships don't work that way.  You need to speak up about your needs. Tell your partner where you are so that you don't end up with a huge rift between you.

Relationships take work and without talking about the things you need you are making your partner do all the work. So babies tell your partner what you need, make the effort to communicate, and put in your far share of the work on the relationship. You need to be an adult and admit what you need.  Your relationship will be the better for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment